Hurray! Everything with the class worked out! After a night of very restless sleep, I woke up to an email saying that the class does count towards what I need it to count for, so I am good to go! This is going to be a really great experience, and look amazing on applications to grad schools.
In other news, today was semi uneventful. I pretty much sat at work all day minus leaving for lunch with my dad (Togo's not El Cholo today, Maya, although I wish we had time for that! Mmm). I also had my NGOs in global civil society class today which was pretty interesting. We talked about the role of the Catholic Church in international relations. For having such a dry title that class has yet to be boring. Anyways, then I had my short Thursday night church service, "Evening Prayer" with Pastor Dan. Usually I am somewhat in charge of leading this but today he did a quick recap of his sermon that I missed on Sunday because I got wrapped up in football (which God clearly punished me for by having the Jets lose. I learned my lesson and will be taking a break from the Superbowl next weekend for church lol). So it was nice, just me and Pastor Dan and we talked about how awesome our dad's are. I don't think he reads this, but if you do, love you daddy! After that I came home to eat pizza with friends, went to the gym, came back and played War with Laura, then one on one go fish. I started a game of the Oregon Trail (in the game my name is Chad, wife-Starfish, daughter-Madonna who got taken by an eagle and was never seen again, and sons- Firenze and Sharquis). We also had a very stimulating conversation on why we don't get goosebumps on the top of our feet and hands and came to no conclusion other than that goosebumps make no sense at all. Thrilling night, right? That's how we spend our Thursdays. PARTY ANIMALS.
I am heading home to Lancaster this weekend to visit my brother who said he is never going to talk to me again because I am not home. Sad, but very funny. I'm looking forward to seeing him, my mom, hopefully Xander and a few other friends. Then back to LA for church on Sunday. Fun fun fun!
Haha. Okay made me laugh out loud....goosebumps on tops of hands and feet??!! haha. Seriously I think it'll make me smile all day. :)
ReplyDeleteit makes NO sense! like there is hair there, and there is muscle there. those are the only components needed for goosebumps. and you get them in order to capture heat. hands and feet are the coldest parts of your body! you should get goosebumps there more than anywhere.
ReplyDelete