Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Goal Accomplished!
So I found out today that I finally, FINALLY reached a 3.0 GPA! I know that sounds like nothing, but having been bio/pre-med for my freshman year... it really kicked my butt. Ever since I changed my grades have been significantly better, nothing lower than a B+, and my GPA has been crawling back up but even getting all A's, it can only climb so fast. Last semester I was up to a very frustrating 2.99 but now I have a 3.12 and I am pretty stoked. Since it is too late for me to graduate with honors I am going to just join Phi Sigma Theta which is a National Honor Society. Not a frat or sorority so don't worry... anyone who knows me knows I would have nothing to do with that. Phi Sigma Theta has no meetings, no rush process, no hazing, nothing. You literally just send in a form and as long as you keep your GPA above a 3.0 you are in and have access to their scholarship opportunities, and it looks really good on grad school applications and resumes. It's too late to graduate with honors because here it is not just GPA based. You have to have a 3.0 GPA and (at least for sociology major's) your last semester here you replace one elective sociology class with an honors class where you work with a professor and do research and create a big final paper and whatnot that usually goes on to be published. Problems with this for me are one, I won't be spending my last semester here as I am graduating early so the class isn't offered, and two, I would have had to apply by now but my GPA hasn't been high enough until now. Dumb biology had to ruin everything! I would never have had below a 3.5 if it hadn't been for that year. Oh well! What can I do? Nothing. Which is why I'm so happy about my 3.12! I bounced back and still have 2 semesters to get it even higher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment