Thursday, April 16, 2009

Change of Heart.

Hello!
Well I have 2 more weeks of classes until I have completed all the lectures of my freshman year in college. After that I have 5 "study days" until finals start. I have 3 finals scattered from May 6th to May 13th. After that I am finished, and I cannot wait. This semester has been extremely difficult and it has driven me to the realization that I am not a science person. It just is not my calling. Sitting in a biology lecture realizing I am utterly lost and confused God struck me down and was like "Ciarra you are not meant for this." Okay that literally did not happen but it felt similar to that. After class it was relieving and unnerving not knowing exactly what I wanted to do with my life anymore so I had a little breakdown, talked to a good friend and some family, and moved on. The next day I was in the sociology office submitting a change of major form and now I am officially a sociology student! I am not positive what I want to do with that but there are many options and I have a while to decide. If I don't know at the end of my 4 years here I will just go to grad school to buy myself more time. Bottom line is I am happy with the change. Studying sociology will be a lot more fun for me and it is what I feel I am supposed to do. I don't really want anymore negative opinions on it telling me I am giving up or taking the easy way out so if that is what you have to say, please don't.
On another note, Easter was so much fun! I know that was a while ago but it has been a while since I posted and Easter was the other major thing that happened. The family came over, I obviously went home, and we BBQ'd (veggie dog for me!) and had a really fun Easter egg hunt. The night before that, Cailla, Bradley, Bry, my mom and I colored Easter eggs. Bradley went to get his crayons when we said "lets go color eggs!" He was confused. Then he smashed one and ate it, shell and all. Needless to say it was a very fun time. On Sunday evening Bry and I went to see "Knowing." It was... interesting. I found it to be a good movie but too scary in several ways. He really enjoyed it. It was another fun event to add to the day. Monday, early morning, I took the metro back to school and went the biology lecture where I had my epiphany about changing my major. And now you are up to date!
This weekend I am going to spend some time at my dad's house. Haven't been there for a while so I am looking forward to that. Hope all is well!
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment