
Hello again! It's been a while, I apologize. I am coming to the midpoint of the first semester of my sophomore year already. Time sure does fly these days. As you can see from the pictures, not much has changed. I still love football and go to the games, and I still spend free time with Bryan. My life is awesome. This semester I am taking Italian II taught by Alessio Fillippi, an Italian man from Florence. He's so awesome, not to mention hilarious. Another great thing is that it is right next to Matt Barkley's Spanish class! So I see him Monday through Thursday.
Intro to sociology is being taught by Dr. Julie Albright. You may have seen here on CNN and MSNBC. She does frequent interview with them. She's the first sociologist they call. She's also one of the head researchers for eHarmony! Needless to say her focus is on marriage and relationships. I love her and her class. Next is natural hazards taught by Andrew Curtis. He worked with President Bush during Hurricane Katrina. Finally, there is Mind and Conception taught by Janet Levin who, if nothing else, looks exactly like Professor Trelawney from Harry Potter. The staff here is pretty legit. I fall more in love with this school everyday.
Some food for thought: In sociology we were learning about schools and what they are supposed to do. The next lecture we learned about the media. Did you know that by the time someone turns 18, they will, on average, have spent over 4,000 more hours watching TV than they will have spent in a classroom? Scary right? So who is really educating our youth? Maybe that's why the world seems to going downhill so quickly.
In other news, Bradley is 2 years old now. He's getting so big so fast. I am currently writing a paper arguing against Artificial Intelligence. Robots cannot think! It's more philosophical than I am letting on but in the end that's what it comes down to. What is a mind? That is the unanswerable question of philosophy. Thoughts on that? Let me know.
I think this update is sufficient enough for now. I will try to be more regular with this! And I will also try to include more info other than "I am still alive and school is going fine blah blah blah." I don't want to bore you to death :)
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment